An actual email to my internet provider

What is to follow is an email I just sent to my internet provider. I actually really liked this company until today when I spoke with an employee named Wendy. Wendy is a class 5 asshole. The type you usually only see in law enforcement and teaching.  Maybe I was out of line. Please let me know if you feel that is the case everyone including me can always use some humbling. 




To whom it may concern:


I just got off the phone with Wendy. She proudly included the tidbit that she is a supervisor. When I asked her who her supervisor was she took a lengthy pause before replying that she doesn't have one but if I wanted to call and ask for Matt I could. Her professionalism is quite astounding. I called to pay my bill because you shut off my internet service. Don't misunderstand. I agree that you should have shut it off, I had not paid the bill since the phone debacle. In fact shutting the phone off only forced a resolution. Well played. Phone debacle you ask? Yes phone debacle.

Clear your schedule. This letter is lengthy and full of twists and turns. You are going to want to call a meeting after this read and that meeting will consist of discussion points like: 
Basic Customer Service Training
How to print and mail a shipping label
Fundamentals of Math

Let's shorten the story so we can get back to that atrocity of a supervisor you call Wendy who may or may not report to Matt she doesn't know.

Salesman stops at my house "You guys want some internet?"
My husband "yeah sure"
Salesman "I have internet and phone for a good price." 
My husband "we don't need phone thanks anyway"
Salesman "Don't give up on me yet, the phone is part of a trial offer. When the trial period is over just call and let them know you do not want to keep the service"
My husband "that always turns in to a hassle. No thanks"
Salesman "we have a no hassle policy."

The phone and internet are connected and all is right in the world...................

phone call 1
My husband "Hi I'm just calling because the trial period is over and I don't want this phone anymore."
Customer Service "No problem we can disconnect the service. Please go online and print a shipping label to return the equipment."
My husband "I don't have a printer you guys don't pick up the equipment?"
Customer Service "No problem I will send you a shipping label
My husband "alright. Do I need to do anything else?"

phone call 2
My husband "Hi I called awhile back and turned off my phone. The phone is still on.
Customer Service "No problem I can disconnect that for you right now. Please go online and print a shipping label to return the equipment."
My husband "We already talked about this. You were sending out a shipping label. Is there another option? Am I still being billed for this?"
Customer Service "Okay I can see some notes were made. I will send out the label. No you will not be billed for the phone."

phone call 3
Me "Hi we called to update our account information because our debit cards were reissued and at the same time turn off the phone. It looks like the phone is still on and you did not debit our account for this months bill. Maybe that's good because it looks like we are still being billed for the phone.
Customer Service "No problem I can disconnect the phone for you right now. Please go online 
Me "I'm gonna stop you right there. Can I speak to someone in your accounting department.
Customer Service "They've gone home for the day."

My husband drives to American Fork and returns the equipment. He asks if he needs to do anything else because our bill shows phone service for a time period when we shouldn't have it. He is told that the bill will be adjusted and a correction sent to us. He replies that the amount can be debited as usual. 

Today my internet is shut off. So I call and oh my lucky stars I get to talk to Wendy. But first I talk to another guy who hangs up on me. Then I talk to another girl who sees what happened and comments I'll need an adjustment but she has to transfer me. Please allow me to present to you a total shit show of ineptitude featuring the worst customer service ever to be employed 

Wendy "blah blah blah blah blah something something how can I help you" I am so caught off guard by the condescension in her voice that I really didn't hear what she said. 
Me "Hi I need to figure out my bill. It was supposed to be corrected and sent to me and it wasn't and now my internet is shut off."
Wendy who has clearly been debriefed of the situation interrupts "Yeah we credited the phone bill from September 27th to October 27th. You never returned the equipment"
Me "Well we called and were told several times it was shut off and we waited several times for shipping labels and finally just drove the thing out and personally and returned it."
Wendy "Fine I can credit another 19.25 but you're still paying taxes. That brings the total to 87 will you be paying by card or check?"
Me "Card"
Wendy "What is the card number?"
Me "424 - wait a minute. What did you mean I am paying taxes?"
Wendy "For the phone."
Me "During the time we didn't have phone service"
Wendy "we don't actually shut it off until we receive the equipment."
Me "Okay can I just point out that I am the customer. This has been a hassle and if I have an attitude it is completely justified. Your attitude on the other hand is really out of line. Why are you upset?"
Wendy "Fine I'll credit back the taxes. Your total is now 40.29 plus a $5 late fee and then an additional 40.29 plus a $5 late fee bringing the total to 90.58. That's more than you would have paid."
Me "what? why?"
Wendy "because you didn't want to pay taxes. So I removed the phone charges completely"
Me "that really doesn't make sense if you removed charges why would it be more?"
Wendy "You didn't want to pay for the phone so I took it off and now I'm just billing you for internet for two months plus late fees"
Me "Why am I paying late fees?"
Wendy "You didn't pay your bill."
Me "You didn't correct the bill until just now. You are charging me for a series of mistakes your company has made."
Wendy "I'm just trying to make you happy. You didn't want to pay for phone and now you don't want to pay this.."
Me "I just want to understand my bill. It does not seem like you and I agree on what I should be paying for."
Wendy "I took a late fee off. Is that what you wanted?"
Me "Can I talk to someone else? You have an attitude that is just really shitty."
Wendy "I removed the phone charges and one of the late fees"
Me "I really just feel like I have to pay this to get service back on and find another internet provider because this has been a colossal failure."
Wendy "I guess."
Me "What is your name?"
Wendy "Wendy. I'm the supervisor of the collection department."
Me "Okay I don't understand how I'm being billed. You are just saying numbers and your explanations make no sense. I'm going to pay this now and try to figure it out my self and I want you to know I will be shopping for a different internet provider.
Wendy "I tried explaining it to you"
Me "You are not making sense. It is costing me more money to have charges removed. Who is your supervisor?"
Wendy - silence
Me "You don't know?"
Wendy "I don't really have one."
Me "That is weird."
Wendy "I guess you can call and ask for Matt."
Me "Your boss is named Matt?"
Wendy "yeah"
Me "It sounds like you are lying are you ready for my card number?"
I give payment info
Me "So will you actually be turning my service on or will I need to call daily to help you get it together"
Wendy "We'll get it back on."
Me "Are you sure you can handle that?"
Wendy "I've already done it."

Now let's take a look at my bill:
Account Overview
Welcome, XXXX XXXXXXX
You get incredible savings when you bundle High Speed Data and Unlimited Phone. To learn more please see our service description pages.
 
Billing Information
Viewing Information for Account: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Last Payment
Amount
Last DateCurrent
Balance
Statement
Balance
Statement From
Date
Statement Thru
Date
$68.1507/29/2011$107.29$141.3009/28/201110/27/2011
 
What a shock!! It does not look like Wendy has done ANYTHING AT ALL. And look she did all of her math wrong. I cannot offer you a letter in which you can find Waldo. But I have presented you a letter in which you can find six ways Wendy is a jack ass.   

In closing I would like to reiterate that Wendy is a vile creature who's eye rolling can be heard through the phone. And I still have no idea if I paid my bill.

Thank you for your time,

Stacy Justice esq
soon to be former customer