Sunday not fun but SERIOUS Day

SUNDAY! I wish I was actually excited. I've heard people say Sunday Funday and I have always thought GO F^&* Yourself. I'm not sure why, but sometimes when I sense happiness I want to stab it in the trachea. Especially today. I'm in the foulest of moods and I have no one to blame but myself.

Today's blog is about one of the ways I try to improve myself as a person. A long time ago I read a story about a woman in Congo and the horrors she witnessed. I'll save the details of that story for another blog. Fast forward years later I stumbled upon a group of activists and have continued educating myself on this particular issue. I immensely enjoyed a book by Dambisa Moyo titled Dead Aid. Which led to my current interest in global economics and  - Stop. I'm getting off track.

I liked a Facebook page called Utah for Congo. I know that was a good decision because she just recommended a PBS show I have been excited for Women, War and Peace. For further details take a magical journey to this website: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/women-war-and-peace/

I plan to watch. I think everyone else should as well. I know it's not as funny as a sitcom or as intense as an action packed thriller. But it's real. There are people who have done amazing things and still do them today. Someday I hope to say I accomplished something as amazing as Leymah Gbowee. But first pants.